Tuesday, June 6, 2017

He Brings Us Through It All

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6

Source: minutemanups.com


If you are anything like me, there are times when it feels like the worries of how I am going to make it through the next week or month become overwhelming. These thoughts consume me to the point that I cannot enjoy the blessings God has planned for the moment I am living in right then. For me, most of these worries revolve around finances and how to juggle the funds around to pay for each bill or the unexpected repair or the forgotten field trip money due date.

This is not the first time in my life where I have felt that I am living day to day and I am sure it will not be the last. However, looking back on all the times of struggling to make ends meet, I have realized that there is one thing that is constant and reassuring. God brought us through it. He provided everything we needed in each situation, but something just as amazing is that God gives us just enough. He gives us what we need for each situation, for each day, but He wants us to rely on Him every single day. What would happen if God gave us everything we wanted or needed for the rest of our lives today? We would begin to feel that we didn't need Him. Why pray to God when He has already given us everything we need or want? 

When you feel like you cannot get ahead, maybe there is a reason. God wants to be with you. He wants a relationship with you. He wants you to come to Him every day and ask for the things that you need. He will provide for you every day, every single time. It just may not be exactly what you expected, but He WILL bring you through it. My life is living proof of it and I am sure if you look back on your life, no matter what you are going through right now, you can see all of the times you have struggled before and guess what? You are still here. That is God. He did that. He cares for you and He brought you through it all.

It is an amazing revelation when you realize that God really has brought you through every struggle you have had in your past. He is faithful and worthy of our praise and trust. It can be hard to put all of your trust in someone's hands other than your own. Sometimes we cling to situations because we want to be in control, but the reality is we are NEVER in control of everything. God is. He is the God of the universe. He created all of it. He is in control and trust me, He knows what He is doing. 

Jeremiah 29:11 says, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future.'" God promises us that His plans for us are good. It is the choices we make and our sinful nature that brings the bad things into our lives. By God's amazing grace and unfailing love, we can have hope that when we put our trust in Him and rely on Him good will come out of every tough situation. So, don't be anxious. Focus on God and His word, put Him first and an incredible peace will fall upon you when you realize that the King of the Universe is in control. He's got you in His hands. He WILL bring you through.

My challenge for you today is to think about struggles you may have encountered in the past and reflect on how God brought you through them and worked them out for your good. Pray to Him and thank Him for working in your life and bringing you through every hardship.

If I can pray for you in any way, please let me know. I would be happy to do so. Send me a message using the contact form or if you have my personal contact information via Facebook or phone number, you may send me a message there as well.

Rejoice in the truth of Christ, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stepping On My Own Toes

Aunt-Mom Monday/Bible Truth Tuesday The view from my porch one night. My littles playing in the yard as the sun was setting. I think thi...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *