Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A Year Later...and a Special Announcement



Let me start by being honest with you, and prepare to be shocked....I took a break from writing. Insert wide-eyed gasp here. It has taken its toll on me for sure. Writing is my outlet. It is the thing that allows me to feel and helps me to work through my feelings and thoughts in a healthy way. So, needless to say, as time went on without writing, I began to feel passionless and numb to a lot of things I would normally feel very passionate about. What bothered me the most was that I was beginning to feel numb in my relationship with my Savior. I could shrug off feeling numb and passionless about everything else, but this, to me, was just not okay.

Last night, I was feeling pretty down about this passionless me and I came across a blog post on Pinterest that talked about how to draw closer to God while writing. It was like God had started ringing a bell in my mind to make sure I understood that He was telling me that I needed to start writing again. And now, I'm sitting in front of my laptop screen at 5:30 in the morning with a renewed sense of passion and purpose typing out these words for you to read.

Before I get to the special announcement, let me fill you in a few things that have happened over the past year. This will help you to understand the announcement a bit better. My husband and I moved into our first home together in January of 2017. I was still writing then, but wasn't sure if you knew that. Then, in July, I began my third year teaching third grade. We have had permanent legal guardianship of our nephew (who will be referred to as A) July 2016 and in February 2018, we were given temporary custody of our two nieces (A's sisters), who will be referred to as H and K in my blog. H is a rambunctious and sassy 3 year old and K is a rough, but affectionate 4 year old. My life has changed drastically in the past year. I have transitioned from a bright-eyed newly wed to a coffee drinking, messy haired and pajamas wearing aunt-mom of three.

My writing style may be a bit different now as I begin to want to talk about how my life has changed and how God is working in the midst of the chaos that is the life of being a wife and aunt-mom. What hasn't changed is my reason and hope for writing. I hope that my words help someone out there who may be going through a similar season of life, who may feel like no one understands, or someone who may just want to laugh with me as God reveals some pretty funny thoughts through the lips of a three year old and cry with me when we have had time out after time out and major meltdowns in the span of one bad day. Regardless your reason for being here, I appreciate you. Thank you for reading my words and I pray that God would bless you today in ways that you never knew were possible.

And  now for the special announcement...

I like to write about many different topics, so instead of starting a different blog for each topic, which is not realistic with my chaotic life at the moment, I am going to be writing about a different topic each day of the week. Through this, I hope you will find something that really clicks with you and you should be able to follow the tags to find other posts about the same topic as I write more on that topic. The schedule is below.

Aunt-Mom Monday: On Mondays, I will be writing posts about my life as an aunt-mom of my three amazingly rowdy kids. This will include fun activities I do with them, parenting wins (and fails), and a journal of our legal journey.

Teacher Talk Tuesday/Bible Truth Tuesday: On Tuesdays, I will be writing about one of two things. I may be writing about my life as a teacher. This could include things that have worked in my classroom, reflections on lessons or other teaching topics. I could also be writing about a Bible truth that God has revealed to me in the past week.

Writing Prompt Wednesday: On Wednesdays I will search for a writing prompt online and respond to it through my blog post. I would also encourage you if you are a writing to respond to it as well. Some prompts may be just for fun and others could be seriously thought-provoking.

Thoughtful Thursday: On Thursdays, I will be writing about something that has been weighing on my mind recently. This could really go in any direction and could get quite interesting I think.

Freebie Friday: On Fridays, I will be sharing with you a helpful document that I have made to organize the craziness of my life. This could be something related to being a wife or aunt-mom, being a teacher, or could just be something to help with Bible study and drawing closer to God.

I am so excited to begin this journey with you and share with you more about my life. I will begin this journey tomorrow with Writing Prompt Wednesday. No matter what day it is, I will be including Bible truths and Scripture that applies to each topic and situation I am writing about. God is everywhere and can be found in everything. So, I hope that in returning to writing I will draw closer to God and that by you reading these words you will too. Or at least that you will be inspired by something that I write to do something that you are passionate about in an attempt to draw closer to Him as well.

Remember to...Rejoice in the truth of God's grace and love each and every day!

Hugs and Kisses,
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stepping On My Own Toes

Aunt-Mom Monday/Bible Truth Tuesday The view from my porch one night. My littles playing in the yard as the sun was setting. I think thi...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *