Friday, June 2, 2017

Press On

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:14
Image result for prize
http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-an-award-reward-and-prize


It has been a while y'all, but my heart has been with you readers the entire time. Many things have happened during the past two months that have led me to writing this post today. I am so excited to share this with you!

We all have goals. Whether we sit and write them down, talk to our friends or family about them, or just think about them in the depths of our minds. We all have something that we are working toward at any given moment. For me, there are usually several goals swirling around in my mind that I am constantly working toward. I have recently had the goal to survive my second year of teaching (and I did!), to lose 25 pounds (only 1 pound away) and to become a mother (more of a long term goal). I tend to be a very goal driven person, though, and sometimes I have to remind myself to enjoy the moment I'm living in now because my eyes are constantly on the goal ahead.

There are times when my mind is so focused on the goal ahead that it feels unattainable and I become extremely discouraged my normally positive self-talk becomes negative and dark. Yes, we need to be aware of the attitude we have when we have goals, but goals are a GOOD thing. As Philippians 3:14 tells us, we need to PRESS ON toward the goal set before us.

God calls us to work for and achieve earthly goals, but in everything we do and every goal we set we cannot lose focus on the one, most important goal. The goal of reaching heaven to spend eternity in the presence of the one Most High, the creator of the universe, the one who loves us so much He would come to the world to suffer and die for us. That is our true goal and when we have achieved that goal by accepting Jesus as our savior and striving for a relationship with Him, we will be rewarded the most amazing, eternal prize. Jesus is our prize!

My challenge to you today is to write down one or two goals that you have been thinking about or working toward. Then answer this questions, how does working toward this goal glorify God?
________________________________________________
Find the joy in Christ's truth, today! 😉



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stepping On My Own Toes

Aunt-Mom Monday/Bible Truth Tuesday The view from my porch one night. My littles playing in the yard as the sun was setting. I think thi...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *