Friday, June 1, 2018

Remember the First and Last Day of School with this Freebie!

Freebie Friday!!!

Handwritten signs I had made before I made the digital one.

Yesterday was a pretty emotional day for me. It was my boy's first last day at my school. He has had such an awesome year and was blessed with an incredible 2nd grade teacher. During the course of the school year, A was diagnosed with ADHD and was confirmed to be on the Autism Spectrum. Through this journey, I have learned a lot about how to be an aunt-mom to him in ways that work best for him. It has mostly been trial and error (mostly error), but we have come out of this school year both knowing more about how uniquely God created him and knowing more of how he learns best.

Some parents may be afraid to hear either of those diagnoses, but I will be honest. I was a bit relieved and a little excited. I know that sounds strange. As long as I have known A, I have known that he struggles a bit more than other children his age with social skills and attention. School has been difficult for him, not academically, but in other areas like conduct and work ethic. I was afraid that the older he got, those areas would eventually affect his academics if they weren't discovered and treated in some way. Once A was diagnosed, we were able to put treatments and accommodations into place that have really helped him become the successful student he always wanted to be.

I am incredibly proud of him and the work he has put in this year. I am excited for his future and next year as he becomes a 3rd grader, the grade I teach. Each day he inspires me and encourages me to be my best self. He has great things to say and loves to life. He is full of life. I will never regret the day I brought him home with me or any of the legal dealings we have had to gain guardianship of him. He has filled a hole in our home and our hearts that we didn't even know was there. He has a heart for God like nothing I have ever seen before in a child and I know that God will do absolutely incredible things with him one day.

In honor of this sweet boy, I have created a first day and a last day sign for documenting and remembering the first and last days of school. You can get it for free by clicking the link below. I have him hold it in front of him and take a picture, so at the end of the year we can see how much he has grown and changed. Hope you enjoy!

Get the first and last days of school signs free here.

Remember to rejoice in the truth of Christ today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stepping On My Own Toes

Aunt-Mom Monday/Bible Truth Tuesday The view from my porch one night. My littles playing in the yard as the sun was setting. I think thi...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *